Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Bodyguard

My Bodyguard was a film that's from the 80s, while, it's been pretty much forgotten, today in NYC, I few personal mysteries were solved. The pond depicted in the film, where was that? Today my friend Claudine told me that the pond in Central Park is the one from the film, and she was sure of it. I argued that I thought it was larger, and there was more to it. I didn't remember even banks all around, although I did remember it not being an oval, that it did have man made ins and outs. Today by the way, in NYC was perfect weather, people were out and about.


So after seeing the pics below. I'm pretty sure that the pond I saw isn't it. It's the pond where you can rent boats and eat lunch. It's larger and close by to the first pond. After sitting there believing that I was looking at the My Bodyguard pond, I pretty much discarded any other care about any other pond. So now I'm pretty sure I know which pond it is. Either way, I guess personal mystery solved. 

Meanwhile, rent My Bodyguard. I think it's a great film. If I had to show a movie in Central Park, perhaps this one would be the perfect one to show. 



Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

y Bodyguard was filmed in Chicago. The lake was Lincoln Park Lagoon where I would go to catch "goldfish" actually carp with cookie dough on a hook and string. Ah, good times.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Silas said...

just finished watching my bodyguard a minute ago, then happened to check your blog and found this! still i cringe when ueber-bad guy "mike" taunts lindermann.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love Adam Baldwin because of the Bodyguard (even though I hear he's a rightwing nut)!!

He looks almost exactly the same still.

1:15 PM  
Blogger gr said...

Dangit... not solved. I need to go to Chicago and find the pond, I'll bet there's motorcycle parts in it from his bike. I've seen the movie so many times. Again, it's a movie about a geek.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! I am looking for a job as Bodyguard or Martial Arts Instructor. I am an expert in Martial Arts at a very high level.

I have had considerable experience as a Martial Arts instructor. In addition I can serve as a bodyguard and I am able to train people in this capacity. I would welcome a postion in any of these related areas.

I also have experience as an Interpreter/Translator, and have taught computer science as well as other skills.

The link below provides more information about me.

http://www.youtube.com/bloomofroses

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=80003691&albumId=505424

If you are interested please contact me.

Thank you for your attention.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home