Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Comicon Preview night.

Comicon started as a nightmare. Imagine driving down with a rented van, loaded with stuff, packed... and then to go to the loading docks before it closes, and being told that they're closed.

So that meant carrying all of the boxes from the parking lot, up stairs and into the convention center. Sounds easy, but try maybe 10 trips, maybe more. So that said, we got the booth 50% ready, which was a miracle on it's own... and it was a great start. Many readers came to say hello, most of who we didn't know. That's always great. You see, we work on GR, but I swear the letters are dwindling. We seldom hear any compliments, if anything, we hear the negative stuff. Today David Horvath's Flatwoods monster was a great seller. How David can just keep a great thing, great, is amazing. It's a nice night, see the pic above. That's my room and the xmas lights. Isn't it weird how the xmas lights make a meh place nicer? UMA toys are tomorrow at 10am. It's going to be fun.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger umeboshi onigiri said...

Regarding the comment about
the dwindling fan letters:

I always get concerned that not enough
people are getting the word about
Giant Robot. Most of my friends are
in the art and design field and when
I talk to them about GR, they don't
even know what I'm talking about.
Well, maybe my friends are too old,
but when I take them to one of the
stores or show them the magazine,
they really like it. It's like there is this
great thing that exists, but not
enough people know about it.

I don't know if more advertising
could be a possibility, but maybe
it could help to grow a bigger customer
and fan base.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Noella77 said...

Just wanted to say that your booth looked great and everyone was as helpful as ever oh and smiling too. I loved seeing all the Littlebony plush everywhere. UMA's were too cute and I finally have a matching GID Flatwoods for my Mothman! YAY! Eric my husband and I were the ones that taped the Ugly Con history Lesson for you.=o)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home