Friday, January 23, 2009

Nick Cave - the artist

Nick Cave in NYC. Yeah it's not the musician, but it's the artist, and his art is amazing. These costumes are his soundsuits! I want one of these. Check out the details, and the sheer craziness of it all. It looks like something Lightning Bolt would do, but generations past it. Check out a few photos of the installation at the Jack Shainman gallery site.

These were the fuzzy furry ones.






I can't say this is something I'd ever conceive of doing or wearing, but I thought this works was amazing. Would I want this is my living room?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Julita said...

OMGosh! These things are so cool! I got all excited thinking this exhibit is still up, but the gallery site states 2006. Am I missing something?

Where can I see more of this?? This is great! Thanks for sharing... great to discover something new (to me that is).

8:52 AM  
Blogger Julita said...

Well duh. Nvrmnd. Heehee. Your link goes to the 2006 exhibit. Just found the 2009...Woooo. Thanks!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Shandi said...

so amazing...i just discovered Nick's work recently and I'm obsessed...

http://www.intotheninth.blogspot.com

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home