Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Groovisions video


Remember Groovisions, who took helvetica bold to new heights? They were part of the Superflat Exhibition curated by Takashi Murakami that came through LA, and a few other cities. Groovisions designed Chappies, a character that's simple, cute, and also plain. They also were on the cover of Giant Robot 23.



They had a shop in Tokyo which was in the cool area of Nakameguro which is now closed. They've recently put together a cool video for the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries MAFF, which works in their style of being simple, stylish, and heavily graphic oriented. Watching this is nostalgic in a way since it brings me back to this visionary design group. But at the same time, it's totally new and cool. I wish I knew how to make stuff like this. Maybe one day, I'll do it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I remember groovisions. I still have their 2000 calendar = awesome [still unframed after eight years = I am a lagger]

All are called chappie. Even you, e

you guys skipping APE this year? Too bad, I hear the food in SF is very photogenic this time of year.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home