Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10 reasons why David Horvath is Babo

It's been said, that David Horvath looks like his characters. What do you think about Babo?
 
1) The eyes 
2) The teeth 
3) The hand gesture
4) The fact that he draws the Uglydolls. As pictured Babo draws Uglydolls 
5) David is a lefty, notice where the chopsticks are. Babo is a righty. Hmm. That's not helping my theory, is it? Sun-min is probably a righty though. Maybe it's to throw us off.
6) Babo has a little part in the head, David has a part in the hair.
7) Babo likes cookies. David likes cookies.
8) Babo means stupid or idiot in Korean. David is self deprecating, hence the name Uglydolls.
9) Babo is one of the earliest Uglydolls. I think it might have been the first. 
10) Uglycon and How to Draw Uglydolls as presented by Babo? Uh, David? 




Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny!

5:04 AM  
Blogger gr said...

From David Horvath: You forgot #11, when I first met Sun-Min for the very first time, she wrote "Babo" in my sketchbook in Korean.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Sun-Min is funny =)

11:07 AM  
Blogger umeboshi onigiri said...

Hands down on this
one. I came to this
conclusion after I
saw a couple
of pictures of David.

I thought, maybe it goes
along with the idea
that people choose dogs
that look similar to
them.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Miss Pennyfeather said...

I also thought David's Uglydolls were self portraits once I met him! You may be right about Babo, or maybe he is a little of all of them.

9:13 PM  
Blogger joetron2030 said...

She called him a "babo" from the get go and they still fell in love. How cute!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home