Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday Night Lights

Softball game again. This time we played against The Nortons, as in Symantec.

I used Norton a lot when I had a Mac and OS 9.0. Now I know them as a softball team. They're a first year team, and they seem to having a lot of fun. Tonite, we beat them 20-3. The 3 was my fault, a fat error on a flyball, somehow it sailed over my head. Duh. But on a good note, we played a fun game and still had a good time. My hitting streak whatever it is, ended when Greg running at second, almost took what would have been a base hit nearly in the nuts! I hit it decent and one bounce, plop. The first time a ball went to the left of second base this season. He should wear a cup and buy a a lotto ticket! Smiles all around, it was a good time.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys were lucky. Their best hitter got a virus.

Oh GOD! I am so funny. Praise me.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahoy, sir;
i always enjoy your accounts of valiant softball battles against other evil corporate adversaries. it was fun (in olden times) comparing william poon's reporting and your other associate, greg's, angrier, less forgiving sport missives.

peter norton's wife, eileen harris, was highly educated and taught him about art, and together, they bought a few thousand works, mostly from living artists, which was not fashionable at the time when they were collecting (80's to 90's). before norton utilities was sold to symantec, they filled up their house, business and a warehouse with modern art. they went through kind of a bad divorce after donating a bunch of their collection to various museums and institutions.

i do not know whether the art they chose will stand the test of time, but they kept a lot of living art people afloat during some tough times and appeared to truly enjoy doing it, so i hope that they still find pleasure in art and have found good lives.

12:19 PM  
Blogger gr said...

I guess you can say they were fragmented out there. Also msg #2, yes, they are supporters of Asian art too. I don't know of the inner workings, but one year they did give away the greatest x-mas gift ever, it was a plastic toy/piece by Takashi Murakami. Luckily I got one.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home