Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I met The Donut Man. And normally, I'd rather keep my articles on the DL, till they come out, but in this case, since the peach season will end, before the mag will come out, I suggest you run down and get one of these. It's nearly a whole peach!



Collect your change, these are 2.50 each, and worth it. Fresh fruit donuts... Tell him we sent you, and you'll get absolutely nothing, but a nice smile. The DM himself is there early in the mornings, before 12 noon. By the way, that's Martin in the picture working on GR44, he's not the DM in case you were confused.

I'll be in Japan, HK, then England starting from mid next week. I'll try and update while I'm out there. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In London, I like the Borough Market which is kinda like a farmer's market, and you can grab something to eat there and check out all offerings from coutry producers, then walk past Neals Yard down towards the thames past the plaque marking where the Globe Theater was, which if you think has historical significance makes you wonder why it;s kinda a trashy lot people park cars on, then along the Thames to the Tate modern.
I also like to stop by a MUJI store, and John Lock's which has been making hats for over 300 years. There's lots of cool boutique hotels with amazing design, like The Hempel.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Studio Ghibli museum in Tokyo! But you have to call ahead, I think.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kathie Smith said...

Check out the Hong Kong Film Archive. It is in in Sai Wan Ho (near the end of the Island line MTR). Admittedly, this is a place for film geeks. They have a great library upstairs, as well as an exhibition space for 2D art, and a theater where they play some pretty interesting films. Last time I was there, they were running an Anna May Wong film series. They also have books that they publish for sale in their lobby. (Check out the awsome book on the Jupiter Wong Foto Exhibition.) Good film geekin' there.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home