Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lobster Rolls. Can you handle a lobster sandwich? It's an east coast thing especially in the northern regions. A good serving of lobster in something like a hot dog bun. But this bun was like a piece of bread but thicker. Yes, it looked like a bun, but if you turned it over, you can see what sort of looked like deformed regular bread crust. A lot of places might make their lobster rolls with more mayo, so it's more like a lobster salad sandwich, but Zak's gives you lobster chunks. Captain Zak's is a good place to try it out. It's off the beaten path, and it's basically a small shack with a walk up window.





These balls of battered food are clam cakes. Eat these and you'll have the faint taste of clams. There's tiny, I mean really tiny clam pieces in here. The rest is basically a doughnut. It's pretty good, and I imagine if you're a beer drinker, then these would be even better. I'm sure some places make this with the same vigor as takoyaki.

2 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

hi eric, your blog cracks me up. lots of drama

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Maine, pretty much every restaurant has their version of a lobster roll. I was there for 10 days the last time, and I consumed a lobster roll every day. I started this because eating lobster out of the shell makes me cry, and you have to eat the lobster in Maine because it's so good.

Out of all of the places I tried in Bar Harbor (or surrounding areas) I have 3 favorites.

3.) Jasper's
http://www.jaspersmaine.com/menu_story.html

2.) Geddy's
http://www.geddys.com/

1.)the restaurant at this golf course was my favorite:
http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/golf-course.asp?course=5075

I think a lobster roll's way to my heart is less mayo with crispy (but butter soaked) bun.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home