Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No Love of Ramen for me tomorrow in SF

It looks like I'm missing the panel, For the Love of Ramen tomorrow. It's unfortunate, but a plane ticket snafu is causing this. Ever use a travel voucher instead of an e-ticket? What the heck? No travel voucher in hand means, no plane flight for me. For each panel I've been on which take place in other places, I've never had to book my own ticket using a voucher. Usually accomodations are taken care of by the folks who want you there.

However, the panel should still be great. I might post what I was working on for this panel for you to peruse. Ramen is a fun food and I've eaten it on three continents. Asianculinaryforum.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man I love Ramen! What's your favorite place?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Thy Tran said...

Funny, George Solt was able to make it all the way here from New York fine. In all my 10 years of moderating and arranging events, symposiums, and panel discussions, I've never booked a guest's actual ticket. We send vouchers, allow for travel costs in speaker's fees, or reimburse from a receipt in order for guests to set their own times. Detailed accommodations is one thing; plane flights are another. I'm sorry that you weren't able to make the panel, but I'm not sure I'd blame it on a "travel snafu."

1:09 PM  
Blogger gr said...

It would have been nice to have a voucher. I think that's a "travel snafu" isn't it? It's a broad term that covers all of these issues. In my 15 years of Giant Robot and being on panels, most of the time, I don't have to book my own ticket. I have done it, but like I said, most of the time I don't have to. Funny, I'm sure George Solt had a voucher.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home