Monday, April 27, 2009

Tennis video

Yes, I swing the rackets. I used to play back in the day. Elementary school, junior high, high school, and very little afterwards. I might get into detail one day, but the key right now is the footwork. I use a cross over step which is Jimmy Connors style. My last coach reworked my entire mechanics to bring me to this style. I previously had an open stance which is ala Nadal, but he switched me to this classic style. My forehand is the strongest of my shots. That was the main weapon I had. Some of the forehands you see are as hard as anyone's forehands can be. They're just inches off the net and landing near the backline, super low. I need some work on the backhand side for sure, but it comes from rust. I haven't played much in the last 20 years, so it's slowly coming back. Yes, I'll admit I wanted to play collegiately and even professionally, but I wasn't even close. In the background, you can hear my cousin Jon. Unlike skatevideos, where you hear people say "whooaahhh," his words are encouraging in another way. That's why he teaches.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger masamania said...

pretty sweet stroke!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home