Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Beau Sia

Sometimes, you meet interesting people. Beau Sia is one of them. At 32, he's quite young and kicks ass at whatever he does. Slam Poetry battles might be in his past, but performing etc, that's his future. He's as in tune or at least trying to find his tune in more than just work, but in how it weaves him with his life. That's artist shit. I sat down and had lunch and had a lot of fun. This guy's been around doing his work, and you'll see him soon. Also check out Rachel Getting Married, he's the wedding czar.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger joyjoy said...

i recently saw rachel getting married and kept wondering why the wedding planner looked so damn familiar. imdb came the rescue then i remembered beau in slam. had no idea sonja sohn (kima from the wire) was in it too.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah I. said...

I will never forget my first exposure to Beau Sia. The guy is a real inspiration and I love how he expresses himself without hesitation (Open Letter to Rosie O'Donnell & APA heritage month PSA campaign come to mind). Best line ever: "I'm so deep—the." Plus, he rocks the pink!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home