Thursday, September 25, 2008

Have Blog, Will Travel!



Variety Japan picks up on the Domokun Target entry. I can't read it all, but at the time, I see many of the things I wrote about in there. I'm realizing, that I'm not just being mean, but there's a lot of agreement as to the quality of the product. It is some of the ugliest versions of Domokun and licensed goods in general that I've ever seen. Perhaps the folks think something like, "people haven't seen Domokun, so they won't know what's wrong." It's still more authenticity issues and the grabbing of the quick buck.

Imagine another case study. Uglydolls. Yes, he blogs here, so I'll only say nice stuff, right?! But imagine, each product is scrutinized, there's no Target Uglydolls, no K-Mart, or other mega chain blow outs. Who's going to last longer?

Some things might work blown out, but I never thought Domokun would be that character.

Variety Japan link.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger P3 said...

You should have someone translate that for you. My wife took a quick look and said it nothing negative about Domokun. The article was more of a "look how popular Domokun is in America", it's now sold in a major retail chain. The bit with you seems to have been taken from another interview or article where you talk about the design of character in general. Nothing from what you say in your blog is in there.

7:14 PM  
Blogger hana said...

No, you're not being mean! I linked your photos on my blog (http://supahcute.com/2008/09/24/crappy-domo-kun-target/) and the consensus was that Target's display is crap.

Anyone who has seen the real Domo Kuns are going to hate this stuff.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home