Wednesday, May 02, 2007

31 flavors for .31 cents

Saw the special online... 31 flavors Baskin Robbins for a .31 a scoop, .62 for a double! I'm not dairy compliant, so it's a tough one for me. But sorbet, sherbet (sort of)... I can have it.



The line was long. Standing in front of me... I thought about a scoop of ice cream as I peered over the bright scalp to the front door. Martin and Wendy waited in the long line, that moved pretty fast. Ice cream makes people happy. I'm going to wait until everyone leaves to eat the scoop of chocolate peanut butter.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger umeboshi onigiri said...

mmmmm.........31 flavors. My favorite
is Chocolate Almond and my favorite combo
is Chocolate and Pistashio Almond. (almost
the same I guess).

Have you ever tried Mashti Malone's on La Brea
and Sunset? It's owned by an Iranian family
and when you walk in, you can smell
the different spices. They have different
flavors like Orange Blossom Ice Cream
or Ginger Rosewater Ice Cream.
They also have Sorbets and Non-dairy
Rosewater Ice Cream.

The atmosphere is different, because
of the name, you think it has some
kind of Irish connection. But the story
is that these owners only had
enough money to put Mashti on the
sign, so the Malone's was left
from the previous owner. And then
they show case a photo of the
cast from Everyone Love's Raymond.
For some reason it all doesn't fit.
But I liked the icecream and it was
definitely different. For some reason
I feel this would be a place
that Michelle GRLA would like.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home