Monday, February 12, 2007

donated the car... guess how much money


So remember the post about my old car? I donated it to the Little Tokyo Service Center. Basically what that means is, they get someone to pick up the car, tow it to a junk yard where they auction it off for cheap. I'm sure they split money with the LTSC and so on. I have no idea how much the cuts are, but for the amount of work the LTSC does for this, I'm sure it must be 50/50. I get some paper work, and it says something about $500 being a certain amount that the car was sold for. But really, it was confusing, it said something about them telling me later. I was confused. So I write them an email asking how much it sold for. Guess what? $200! That's fucked up! So in reality, the LTSC probably got $100, and the car went to some dude who's gonna fix it and sell it for a lot more. I'm sure a single seat was worth more. What about the windows or wind shield, or even the rear view mirrors? The full sized spare tire has to fetch at least a hundred. This once great car that still started up and sold for a whopping $200. Where are these auctions. Can I get a great car for $1000? I'm glad I took the freebie tools that came with the car. If I prorate those, they must be worth pennies.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of my sister who got custody of the family Mustang, a sweet '66, and someone creamed it while it was parked outside her house in the rain when she wasn't home and they towed it cause it was blocking the street. She had unpaid parking tickets so she never went and picked it up and didn't tell anyone and the city auctioned it off. Someone got really lucky at the impound yard. It was a great car, all original, and it still hurts.

Family.

Sheesh.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home